$10 to $14 Hourly
Vision, Medical and Dental
The pharmacy technician position is responsible for preparing medications for patient
consumption under the general supervision of a licensed pharmacist and in accordance with
standard departmental procedures.
1. Performs duties assigned by a licensed pharmacist. Areas of work are checked routinely
for maintenance of quality control. Work is conducted in accordance with generally accepted standards of practice following departmental procedures and policies as outlined
in the department operations manual.
2. Reads and interprets physicians’ orders received in the pharmacy and transcribes same into the pharmacy computer medication profile. Requires knowledge to adjust dosing times as pharmacy will generate MARs Work is verified by licensed pharmacist.
3. Fills individual patient drug bins working from a medication fill list; records doses for credit or charge; acknowledges filling by initialing work done.
4. Prepares in accordance with pharmacy law and standards of pharmacy practice outpatient RXs to be dispensed after pharmacist approval.
5. Using computer program, prepackages medications, which are not available in unit, using automatic prepackaging and label machine. Keeps appropriate records for recall purpose.
6. Attends and participates in pharmacy tech meetings to exchange ideas to achieve goals of
the department. Keeps procedures up-to- date in pharmacy tech manual to train new personnel and to have quick reference to specific jobs so they are performed according to the policies of the department.
7. Checks and removes outdated meds on a routine basis to ensure that no deteriorated meds are in stock. Keeps appropriate records.
8. Assists with billing by using appropriate computer function, reason codes and dates for charging and crediting.
9. Assists with checking in orders, putting orders away and filing associated paperwork.
10. Continues to educate by attending drug in-services and keeping up with policy changes.
Must be licensed by the NV State Board of Pharmacy and is able to pass a drug and background check.